1) Michael Phelps made history during the London 2012 Olympics by becoming the Most Decorated Olympic Athlete
in the History of The Olympics--22 Medals Total.
2) Gabby Douglas won the Gold Medal in All Around Gymnastics Competition. The USA Tam also won the
3) The team duo of Misty May-Treanor and Kerri Walsh-Jennings won their third straight Gold Medals
in Beach Volleyball. They defeated April Ross and Jen Kessy, who were also representing the United States;
meaning The USA got both God and Silver Medals in Women's Beach Volleyball.
4) Ryan Lochte captured five Gold Medals in Men's Swimming.
5) The Women's USA Basketball Team won their fifth straight Gold Medal against France with a score of 86 to 50, and completed
a 41-game winning streak. Diana Taurasi, Sue Bird and Tamika Catchings won their third consecutive Gold
Medals, and made a pledge to go win their fourth in Rio in the Summer of 2016.
6) The USA obtained the Gold Medal (Ashton Eaton) and the Silver Medal (Trey Hardee) in the
Decathlon, currently making Eaton and Hardee the two best athletes in the world.
7) Kimberly Rhode captured the Gold Medal in Skeet Shooting, and became the first olympic woman to win five
Olympic Medals in one event.
8) Diver, David Boudia, put an end to a 12 year Gold Medal drought for the United States, by winning the Gold
Medal in the 10 Meter Platform Diving Event.
9) Serena Williams won the Gold Medal for Singles Women's Tennis against Russia's Maria Sharapova. This win
made Serena Williams the Most Decorated Tennis Player of in the world. She and her Sister, Venus Williams,
won Gold Medal's for Women's Doubles.
10) On the 20th Anniverary of "The Dream Team" the SSA Men's Basketball won the Gold by defeating Spain by a score of
107 to 100.
11) The United States led the way in the London 2012 Olympics with 46 Gold Medals, 29 Silver Medals, and 29 Bronze Medals;
totally 104 Olympic Medals. China was second with 88 Olympic Medals, and Russia was third with 82 Olympic Medals.