The Long Beach Armada made their Minor League Debut when the Golden Baseball League started in the Spring of 2005.
ALL TIME LEADERS:
- Ryan Webb-- All Time Batting Average of .344
- Jeff Larue-- All Time Leader in Homeruns (24) and RBI's (127)
- Chris Clem-- played more games (203) and got more hits (222) then any other Armada Player.
- Ryan Claypool-- Pitched more Innings (330), won more games, and struck out more batters (2007) than any other Armada Pitcher.
MASCOT: Arby I the Parrot.
STADIUM: Blair Field; Long Beach, CA.
LEAGUES: Golden Baseball League -- 2005 to 2009
Arizona Summer League -- 2010
North America League-- Debut pending
OPPOSING TEAMS IN GOLDEN BASEBALL LEAGUE:
- Orange County Flyers (Originally Fullerton Flyers)
- Reno Silver Sox (Originally Mesa Miners)
- San Diego Surf Dawgs (First 2 Seasons)
- Yuma Scorpions
- St. George Road Runners
- Calgary Vipers
- Edmonton Capitals (originally Cracker Cats)
- Victoria Seals (Last Season of Armada)
- Surprise Fighting Falcons (First Season only)
- Japan Samurai Bears (First Season only)
2005 SEASON: Made it to the GBL Post Season on the Wild Card.
2006 SEASON (Legend of the Ralley Skunk Begins): The Long Beach Armada was off to a
very slow start during the Summer of 2006, and then it happened. Skunks are pretty common at Blair Fields in Long Beach California.
During a Home Game of the Long Beach Armada, a family of skunks appeared behind home plate. Right after that event occured,
the teams luck began to change drastically, as The Armada skyrocketed up towards the top of the standings. The Ralley
Skunk was born, which became The Armada's version of Major League Baseball's "Ralley
Monkey (which originated with the Anaheim Angels in 2002)." Being a Season Ticket Holder of the Long Beach Armada
at that time, I brought my Ralley Skunk (named Reek-O)
to just about every home game. Links to Ralley Skunk Pages are displayed below.
2007 SEASON: This was The Armada's best season up to now. They made it to the GBL Championship Series against
the Chico Outlaws, but lost 3 games to 1.
2008 SEASON: Long Beach won the South Division Title during the secnd half of the season, and then lost to the
Orange County Flyers during the Post Season. The Flyers went on to win the GBL Championship.
2009 SEASON: The Long Beach Armada played their last season in the Golden Baseball League.
2010 SEASON: The Long Beach Armada played in the Arizona Summer League, and finished in Third Place. The Armada
had disputes with the City of Long Beach as far as continuing to play at Blair Field Goes, and was unable to return during
the 2010 Season. I ended up getting Season Tickets for the Orange County Flyers until I moved to Colorado Springs, CO; in
August of 2010, and became a Fan of the Colorado Springs Sky Sox.
2011 SEASON: The Long Beach Armada, and the Orange County Flyers were both on hiatus, but both teams resloved
to return to active play in the North American League sometime in the future.
2012 SEASON: The Armada was set to play in the North American League, but needed to postpone returning to active
Independent Minor League Baseball.